Minimally Invasive Lobectomy
Lung cancer is the second most diagnosed cancer in both men and women. It is also the leading cause of cancer death in the United States. Lung cancer begins in the lungs and may spread to other parts of the body, such as the lymph nodes.
What is a Lobectomy?
Lung cancer is seen in two main types, small cell and non-small cell lung cancer. If you have non-small cell lung cancer and your doctor suggests surgery, a da Vinci Lobectomy may be the best procedure for you.
During a Lobectomy, your Dr. Bethencourt will:
- Makes a few small incisions under the ribs;
- Inserts a small video camera and surgical instruments into the small incisions;
- Guided through the surgery by the images on the computer monitor, your surgeon will remove the tumor or affected tissue from the lung through the small incisions;
- After removing the infected areas, your surgeon will check to make sure there are no areas of bleeding.
Benefits of da Vinci Lobectomy
A da Vinci Lobectomy offers many benefits over traditional forms of surgery. Not only does it guarantee the removal of cancerous tissues, but it also has the following benefits:
- Less post-surgery pain
- Shorter hospital stay
- Lower chance of complications
- Less blood loss
Consult your physician if you believe you’re a candidate for da Vinci Lobectomy. For more information, contact The Bethencourt Group in Long Beach and Fountain Valley, CA at (657) 241-9440.